How to Plan a Safe and Fun Trip from Houston to Ukraine with Visit Ukraine Today
Ukraine is a beautiful and diverse country that offers a lot of attractions and experiences for travelers. Whether you want to explore the ancient cities of Kyiv and Lviv, enjoy the natural wonders of the Carpathian Mountains and the Black Sea coast, or learn about the rich culture and history of Ukraine, you will find something to suit your interests and preferences.
However, traveling to Ukraine can also pose some challenges and risks, especially in the current situation of the ongoing war with Russia and the Covid-19 pandemic. That’s why it’s important to plan your trip carefully and use reliable sources of information and assistance.
One of the best ways to ensure a safe and fun trip from Houston to Ukraine is to use Visit Ukraine Today, a unique information portal for tourists traveling to Ukraine and Ukrainians planning a trip abroad. Visit Ukraine Today has the necessary and most up-to-date information on:
- Rules for crossing the Ukrainian border by foreign citizens
- Insurance to visit Ukraine
- Safe tours in Ukraine
- Train, bus, plane tickets
- Booking hotels in Ukraine
- Hotline for travelers
In this article, we will guide you through the main steps of planning your trip from Houston to Ukraine with Visit Ukraine Today, and give you some tips and recommendations on how to make the most of your journey.
Step 1: Choose your dates and book your flight
The first step of planning your trip is to choose your dates and book your flight from Houston to Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. You can use Skyscanner or Google Flights to compare different airlines and prices, and find the best deal for your budget.
There are no direct flights between Houston and Kyiv, so you will have to make one or more stops along the way. The most common stopover destinations are Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Istanbul, or Warsaw. The total travel time can vary from 15 to 24 hours, depending on the route and the duration of the layover.
The cheapest round-trip flight price found by a Skyscanner user in the last 72 hours was $23,750, departing on June 16th 2023 and returning on June 22nd 2023. The flight was operated by Multiple Airlines, with one stop in Frankfurt.
You can also use Bing Travel to search for flights from Houston (HOU) to Kyiv (IEV), and get more options and details. For example, you can see the flight duration, distance, baggage allowance, seat selection, cancellation policy, etc.
Step 2: Get your passport, visa, and insurance
The next step of planning your trip is to make sure you have a valid passport, visa (if required), and insurance for traveling to Ukraine.
You will need a valid passport document (the passport must be valid for the entire stay in the country) to enter Ukraine. Citizens of Turkey and Georgia can enter Ukraine on the basis of an ID card.
You will also need an entry visa if you are not a citizen of one of the visa-free countries. You can check if you need a visa on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. If you do need a visa, you can apply online or at the nearest Ukrainian embassy or consulate.
You will also need a health insurance policy that covers Covid-19 treatment in Ukraine. This is mandatory for all foreign citizens until June 30th 2023. You can buy insurance online through Visit Ukraine Today or other providers.
Visit Ukraine Today also strongly recommends that you take out medical insurance covering military risks for the entire stay in Ukraine. This policy guarantees monetary compensation in the event of an accident as a result of hostilities, passive military risks, terrorist acts, etc.
Step 3: Book your accommodation and transportation
The third step of planning your trip is to book your accommodation and transportation in Ukraine. You can use Visit Ukraine Today to find and book hotels in Ukraine that suit your budget and preferences. You can also use Apartment Living Locators, a service that helps you find affordable and comfortable accommodation in Houston and other cities around the world.
You can also use Visit Ukraine Today to buy train, bus, or plane tickets within Ukraine or between cities of the world. You can choose from different types of trains offered.
Step 4: Choose your activities and tours
The fourth step of planning your trip is to choose your activities and tours in Ukraine. You can use Visit Ukraine Today to find and book safe tours in Ukraine that cover different themes and regions. You can also use Culture Trip or PlanetWare to get some inspiration and recommendations on the top attractions and things to do in Ukraine.
Some of the most popular and interesting tours and activities in Ukraine are:
- Chernobyl Tour: A guided tour of the site of the worst nuclear disaster in history, where you can see the abandoned city of Pripyat, the reactor number 4, and the exclusion zone. This tour requires a special permission and insurance, which can be arranged by Visit Ukraine Today or other authorized tour operators.
- Kyiv City Tour: A sightseeing tour of the capital of Ukraine, where you can admire the stunning architecture and monuments of St. Sophia’s Cathedral, St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery, Kyiv Pechersk Lavra, Maidan Nezalezhnosti, and more. You can also visit some of the museums, galleries, and parks in Kyiv, or enjoy the nightlife and cuisine of the city.
- Lviv City Tour: A cultural tour of the most charming and atmospheric city in Ukraine, where you can explore the UNESCO-listed Old Town, with its cobblestone streets, medieval churches, and cozy cafes. You can also visit some of the unique museums, such as the Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, the Lychakiv Cemetery, or the Museum of Brewing.
- Carpathian Mountains Tour: A nature tour of the scenic and diverse region of the Carpathian Mountains, where you can hike, bike, ski, or raft in the stunning landscapes. You can also visit some of the traditional villages, such as Yaremche or Verkhovyna, where you can experience the authentic culture and hospitality of the Hutsuls, an ethnic group of highlanders.
- Odessa City Tour: A seaside tour of the lively and cosmopolitan city of Odessa, where you can enjoy the sun and sand on the Black Sea coast. You can also visit some of the historical and cultural attractions, such as the Potemkin Stairs, the Opera House, or the Catacombs. Odessa is also known for its festivals, nightlife, and humor.
Step 5: Pack your bags and enjoy your trip
The final step of planning your trip is to pack your bags and enjoy your trip from Houston to Ukraine with Visit Ukraine Today. Here are some tips on what to pack and what to expect during your journey.
- Pack light and smart: Depending on the season and the regions you visit, you may need different types of clothing and accessories. In general, you should pack comfortable shoes, layers, a raincoat or umbrella, a hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, a first aid kit, a power adapter, a camera, and some cash (Ukrainian hryvnia). You should also bring copies of your passport, visa (if required), insurance policy (if required), flight tickets (if required), hotel reservations (if required), and emergency contacts.
- Check travel advisories: Before you depart for your trip from Houston to Ukraine with Visit Ukraine Today, you should check the travel advisories issued by the US Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These advisories provide information on the safety and health risks of traveling to Ukraine, as well as the entry and exit requirements, Covid-19 testing and vaccination, and other useful tips. You should also register your trip with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), which allows you to receive alerts and assistance from the US Embassy in Kyiv in case of an emergency.
- Enjoy your trip: Once you arrive in Ukraine, you can use Visit Ukraine Today to access the hotline for travelers, which can help you with any questions or issues you may encounter during your stay. You can also use Visit Ukraine Today to find and book more tours and activities in Ukraine, or to get updates on the rules and regulations of traveling in Ukraine. Most importantly, you can enjoy your trip from Houston to Ukraine with Visit Ukraine Today, and discover the beauty, diversity, and hospitality of this amazing country.
We hope this article has helped you plan your trip from Houston to Ukraine with Visit Ukraine Today. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please let us know in the comments below. Happy travels!